Documentation Upload Center
Read Before You Upload
Per an update to federal regulations, the University at Buffalo will be waiving the federal income verification review in allowable circumstances. Please note that the verification review will remain in effect for the students we are required to review.
Before uploading your documents, review each to ensure:
- Your file name is in the following format: your person number, followed by your last name, the file name, and then the computer generated extension. (ex. 12345678_Johnson_2019TaxReturn.pdf). Processing will be delayed if your file name is not in this format. Including your UB Person Number in your file name ensures we can contact you regarding unsuccessful uploads.
- Important! We are not able to accept HEIC file formatted documents from Iphones, zipped files, password protected files, or internet files Acceptable file formats are .pdf, .jpg, .jpeg and .docx.
- Your UB Person Number is written at the top of each page.
- All sections of UB forms are complete.
- Review the file to ensure it is clear and legible.
- Handwritten signatures are included where requested. Tax documents must be signed.
The University at Buffalo Financial Aid Office will not return submitted documents.
Directions on Uploading Documents
- Select Browse Your Device to get started.
- Select your document for upload from your device.
- Review your file name and verify it is in the correct format.
- Ensure your file name is in the following format: your person number, followed by your last name and then the file name (ex. 12345678_Johnson_2019TaxReturn.pdf). Processing will be delayed if your file name is not in this format.
- Verify your file is an acceptable file format. Acceptable file formats are .txt, .pdf, .jpg, .jpeg, .png and .docx.
- Enter your email address.
- Click upload to complete.
Information is subject to change without notice due to changes in federal, state and/or institutional rules and regulations. Students must complete a FAFSA every year. Students must be making satisfactory academic progress to continue to receive financial aid.