Documentation Upload Center
Read Before You Upload
Before uploading your documents, review each to ensure:
- Your file name is in the following format: your person number, followed by your last name, the file name, and then the computer generated extension. (ex. 12345678_Johnson_2019TaxReturn.pdf). Processing will be delayed if your file name is not in this format. Including your UB Person Number in your file name ensures we can contact you regarding unsuccessful uploads.
- Important! We are not able to accept HEIC file formatted documents from Iphones, zipped files, password protected files, or internet files Acceptable file formats are .pdf, .jpg, .jpeg and .docx.
- Your UB Person Number is written at the top of each page.
- All sections of UB forms are complete.
- Review the file to ensure it is clear and legible.
- Handwritten signatures are included where requested. Tax documents must be signed.
The University at Buffalo Financial Aid Office will not return submitted documents.
Directions on Uploading Documents
- Select Browse Your Device to get started.
- Select your document for upload from your device.
- Review your file name and verify it is in the correct format.
- Ensure your file name is in the following format: your person number, followed by your last name and then the file name (ex. 12345678_Johnson_2019TaxReturn.pdf). Processing will be delayed if your file name is not in this format.
- Verify your file is an acceptable file format. Acceptable file formats are .txt, .pdf, .jpg, .jpeg, .png and .docx.
- Enter your email address.
- Click upload to complete.
Information is subject to change without notice due to changes in federal, state and/or institutional rules and regulations. Students must complete a FAFSA every year. Students must be making satisfactory academic progress to continue to receive financial aid.