Documentation Upload Center
Before You Upload
Before uploading your documents, review each to ensure:
- Important! We are not able to accept HEIC file formatted documents. Acceptable file formats are .pdf, .jpg, .jpeg and .docx. Include your UB Person Number in your file name so we can contact you regarding unsuccessful uploads. Save your document in the following format: your person number, followed by your last name and then the file name (ex. 12345678_Johnson_2019TaxReturn.pdf).
Processing may be delayed if your file name is not in this format.
- Your UB Person Number is written at the top of each page.
- All sections of UB forms are complete.
- Review the file to ensure it is clear and legible.
- Handwritten signatures are included where requested. Tax documents must be signed.
The University at Buffalo Financial Aid Office will not return submitted documents.
Directions on Uploading Documents
- Select Browse Your Device to get started.
- Select your document for upload from your device.
- In the description field include:
- Your person number
- Your last name
- The document name you are uploading
Example: 12345678_Johnson_Parent Tax Return
- Enter your email address.
- Click upload to complete.
Information is subject to change without notice due to changes in federal, state and/or institutional rules and regulations. Students must complete a FAFSA every year. Students must be making satisfactory academic progress to continue to receive financial aid.