Mailing Address

Buffalo, NY 14261-0051

Phone Hours

M–Th: 8:30 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
F: 10 a.m.–4:30 p.m.

North Campus

M–Th: 8:30 a.m.–5 p.m.
F: 10 a.m.–5 p.m.

Office Hours

M–F: 8:30 a.m.–4:30 p.m.

South Campus

1 Diefendorf
M, W, Th: 8:30 a.m.–5 p.m.
Tu: 10 a.m.–5 p.m.
F: 10:30 a.m.–5 p.m.

Bronze Buffalo Outside the Center for the Arts

Summer TAP

What you need to know before applying for Summer TAP

At UB, enrollment for the summer term is always considered accelerated study. In addition to meeting general TAP eligibility criteria, you must have passed at least 24 credits in the prior fall and spring terms while enrolled in a degree program at UB to receive TAP funds for accelerated study. NOTE: F grades do not count as completed credit hours.

Students must be enrolled full-time (12 degree applicable credits) in an approved program in New York State during the preceding spring term to be eligible for a summer TAP payment.

You may receive up to eight semesters (10 semesters if you are in the EOP program) of TAP as an undergraduate student. A half-time summer TAP payment (six to 11 degree applicable credits) will use a half semester of your TAP eligibility. A full-time summer TAP payment (12 or more degree applicable credits) will use a full semester of your eligibility. These must be NEW credit hours (no repeated courses). Using summer TAP counts toward the total number of payments you may receive. As a result, you could exhaust your TAP eligibility before completing your academic program.

If you are eligible for a full-time summer TAP Grant, you will receive the payment in October of the current calendar year and your spring TAP payment will be deferred until October of the following calendar year. If you are eligible for a part-time summer TAP Grant, payment will be deferred until October of the following calendar year.

You must meet NY State good academic standing requirements at the end of the summer term to remain eligible for TAP in subsequent term(s). If you receive a summer TAP payment and fail or drop summer classes, you may jeopardize your eligibility for TAP in subsequent term(s). See the Undergraduate Catalog for information about academic good standing.

Visit the HESC website to view the status of your TAP application, submit a TAP application, or to add the summer term to your existing TAP application. UB’s undergraduate college code is 1010.

If you have questions regarding how Summer TAP may affect your financial aid, you are encouraged to contact the Financial Aid Office at or by phone at 716-645-8232.

Information is subject to change without notice due to changes in federal, state and/or institutional rules and regulations. Students must complete a FAFSA every year. Students must be making satisfactory academic progress to continue to receive financial aid.