Mailing Address

Buffalo, NY 14261-0051

Phone Hours

M–Th: 8:30 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
F: 10 a.m.–4:30 p.m.

North Campus

M–Th: 8:30 a.m.–5 p.m.
F: 10 a.m.–5 p.m.

Office Hours

M–F: 8:30 a.m.–4:30 p.m.

South Campus

1 Diefendorf
M, W, Th: 8:30 a.m.–5 p.m.
Tu: 10 a.m.–5 p.m.
F: 10:30 a.m.–5 p.m.

The Financial Aid Office is here to help you throughout the academic year. Advisors are available via phone by calling 716-645-8232 or through our Contact Us form. Please call or email us if you have any questions about your applications or eligibility for financial aid.

Our office will continue to process all documents and we will contact you via your UB email address if additional information is needed.

Students working with an advisor
Home > Types of Aid > Scholarships > New York State Scholarships

New York State Scholarships

Hundreds of UB students come to campus with thousands of dollars in scholarships from New York State and regional organizations. Any successful scholarship strategy should also include research into local community foundations where hundreds of donors and organizations consolidate their scholarship funding and selection processes.

New York State Higher Education Services Corporation (HESC)

The New York State Higher Education Services Corporation (HESC) offers a variety of financial aid scholarships to help students pay for college.

Visit the HESC Quick Reference Guide for the current list of offered awards, as well as eligibility requirements and application instructions. Use UB’s State School Codes below on your applications when required:

  • Undergraduate Students: 1010
  • Graduate & Professional Students: 5130

State University of New York (SUNY)

The State University of New York (SUNY) system offers five full-ride Carey Gabay Scholarships to undergraduate students.




Information is subject to change without notice due to changes in federal, state and/or institutional rules and regulations. Students must complete a FAFSA every year. Students must be making satisfactory academic progress to continue to receive financial aid.