Mailing Address

Buffalo, NY 14261-0051

Phone Hours

M–Th: 8:30 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
F: 10 a.m.–4:30 p.m.

North Campus

M–Th: 8:30 a.m.–5 p.m.
F: 10 a.m.–5 p.m.

Office Hours

M–F: 8:30 a.m.–4:30 p.m.

South Campus

1 Diefendorf
M, W, Th: 8:30 a.m.–5 p.m.
Tu: 10 a.m.–5 p.m.
F: 10:30 a.m.–5 p.m.

The Financial Aid Office is here to help you throughout the academic year. Advisors are available via phone by calling 716-645-8232 or through our Contact Us form. Please call or email us if you have any questions about your applications or eligibility for financial aid.

Our office will continue to process all documents and we will contact you via your UB email address if additional information is needed.

Home > Did you know?

Did you know?

Financial Aid:


If your financial situation has changed, you may be eligible for a federal aid adjustment.

We understand that many students and families have experienced economic hardship. Yet, your FAFSA may not accurately reflect these changes.

If you have experienced a change in income, you can request a professional judgment review from UB’s Financial Aid Office. Professional judgment means that our advisors can re-evaluate your FAFSA, which could potentially adjust the amount of federal aid you receive. Documentation of extenuating circumstances is required.

Some examples of extenuating circumstances that qualify for a professional judgment review include:

  • Loss of employment.
  • Involuntary loss of income.
  • Loss of untaxed income (e.g., child support, alimony, retirement/pension, social security, worker’s compensation).
  • Separation or divorce.
  • Death of parent or spouse.
  • Medical/dental expenses not covered by insurance.
  • One-time taxable income used for a life-changing event.

Please note that if your Expected Family Contribution (EFC) is already $0 or if you are a graduate student, a professional judgment review will not impact your situation. However, other options may be available to you, so we encourage you to reach out to our Financial Aid COVID-19 support team.

Watch now: Professional Judgment Review for Extenuating Circumstances.

Every student’s situation is unique and will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis. The first step is to contact a financial aid advisor. We are here to help!

Please Contact Us for more information.

Information is subject to change without notice due to changes in federal, state and/or institutional rules and regulations. Students must complete a FAFSA every year. Students must be making satisfactory academic progress to continue to receive financial aid.