Transfer Student Scholarship Information
RELATED LINKSUseful Article on Transfer Scholarships
Community scholarships are a critical source of funding for students transitioning from one campus to another, since institutional scholarships do not move with you from one campus to another, even within SUNY. Once you earn your first semester grades at UB, you can compete for hundreds of philanthropic funds established by our alumni and friends, by using the UB Scholarship Portal. Our guidance on New York State scholarships will be helpful to transfer students who reside in New York.
Opportunities to Explore
- The Jack Kent Cooke Foundation Undergraduate Transfer Scholarship is the largest private award for outstanding community college students with financial need to complete their bachelor’s degrees.
- New York State Transfer Articulation Association Scholarships are for students transferring from a New York State community college.
- Community Foundation Scholarships are open to any student from geographic region served and need to be applied for annually in most cases.
- Phi Theta Kappa hosts a scholarship database for students who are part of the organization.
- The Hispanic Scholarship Fund is one of the largest providers of scholarship aid to Latino students.
Information is subject to change without notice due to changes in federal, state and/or institutional rules and regulations. Students must complete a FAFSA every year. Students must be making satisfactory academic progress to continue to receive financial aid.