Undergraduate Merit Scholarships academic performance
RELATED LINKSEmpire State Diversity Honors/Daniel Acker Scholarship International Merit Scholarships Merit Scholarship FAQ
The University at Buffalo offers the most valuable merit scholarships in the State University of New York system.
- To be considered by Undergraduate Admissions for a merit scholarship, U.S. students must apply to UB by Dec. 23. International Undergraduate Admissions has separate deadlines. Prospective freshmen admitted to the architecture program who submit a portfolio or design project will be considered for the School of Architecture and Planning Dean’s Scholarship.
- University Honors College manages the Presidential Scholarship, the Millonzi Distinguished Honors Scholarship and the Steven B. Sample Distinguished Honors Scholarship in the School of Engineering and Applied Sciences selection processes, which require separate applications and deadlines.
- International Admissions awards scholarships each fall semester to the full-time international students with an F1 student visa at the time of enrollment. No additional scholarship application is needed.
- Philanthropic funds from these generous alumni and friends help sustain the University at Buffalo’s academic legacy by supporting the cost of renewable undergraduate merit scholarships. Some of these funds originated as early as 1915. Donor stories and other scholarship opportunities, which comprise the largest scholarship endowment SUNY-wide, can be found on our UB Scholarship Portal.
- Sarah Becker
- John H. and Clara S. Brinkmann
- Almon H. Cooke
- Mr. and Mrs. George D. Crofts
- Joseph and Elizabeth Doll
- Pvt. Robert J. Feinberg, AAF and Milton D. Feinberg
- Smith M. Flickinger
- General Education Board Scholarship
- The John D. and Frances H. Larkin Foundation
- Professor A. Conger Goodyear
- Edwin M. Husted
- Bessie A and Carl E. Molin
- John L. Osgood
- Pascal Paoli Pratt
- Charles H. Ribbel and Bertha Bettinger
- Henry A. Richmond
- Pierre Rosseel
- Joseph T. Jones Stewart
- James Savage
- Uebelhoer Brothers
- Bertha Laub Whittet
- Lorin James Woodruff
- Albert Jay and Tatiana M. Wright
- Albert and Henrietta Ziegele Jr.
Information is subject to change without notice due to changes in federal, state and/or institutional rules and regulations. Students must complete a FAFSA every year. Students must be making satisfactory academic progress to continue to receive financial aid.