SUNY Financial Aid Day at UB
Saturday, November 17, 2018
12 Capen Hall
SUNY Financial Aid Day at UB is an opportunity for prospective students and their families to receive assistance with completing the FAFSA and NYS TAP applications. All are welcome regardless of your intent to attend a SUNY college or university.
- Register online
- Directions to campus (select North Campus) – Park in Fronczak B Lot
- UB North Campus map (PDF) – Capen Hall is number 20 on the map
In order to complete the online FAFSA and TAP applications:
- In order to complete the FAFSA on the web, each student aid applicant and at least one parent will need an FSA ID. It may take up to 72 hours to activate your ID. Apply for your FSA ID prior to Nov. 14. Bring your FSA ID and password with you to complete the FAFSA.
- If you are a New York State resident, set up a HESC User Name and PIN up to a week prior to the event. Bring your User Name and PIN with you to complete the TAP application.
- You will need information from your 2017 Federal and State tax returns. Although most applicants will be eligible to use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool (DRT), we recommend that you bring your tax documents to complete the applications in the event that the IRS DRT is not available. You can also bring a completed FAFSA on the Web Worksheet with you to expedite the process.
In case of inclement weather on the day of the event, call the University at Buffalo’s 24-hour information line at 716-645-6397. The event will not take place if the campus is closed.
For more information
Contact the Financial Aid Office by phone at 716-645-8232 or email at UBFA@buffalo.edu.
Information is subject to change without notice due to changes in federal, state and/or institutional rules and regulations. Students must complete a FAFSA every year. Students must be making satisfactory academic progress to continue to receive financial aid.