Office of Financial Aid
- Aug. 1, 2016: Apply for Federal Direct PLUS Loans or Alternative Loans on or before this date to ensure funds will be received by the Aug. 17, 2016 eBill due date. Applications received after this date will continue to be processed, however funds may not arrive by the due date.
- Aug. 12, 2016: Last day to submit a Summer Aid Application.
- Aug. 19, 2016: Last day to accept summer Federal Direct Loans. Loans must be accepted in HUB by 4:00 pm.
- Aug. 29, 2016: New York State High School Transcript Deadline. Students seeking New York State financial aid awards must have a final official high school transcript from a United States high school, or it's equivalent, on record on or before this date. Students seeking federal financial aid must have a final official high school transcript or 24 transferred credit hours on record before the end of your first term at UB.
Reminders and News
Complete Your HUB To Do List Requirements! Check your HUB To Do List and complete any outstanding requirements. Your financial aid may be held until all checklist items are satisfied.
A FERPA form must be on file before financial or academic information can be shared with a third party (including parents!). Students can submit a FERPA form in person to the Office of Financial Aid or the Student Response Center with valid ID.
Check your UB email often! Our office sends several emails to the general student population throughout the course of the year to make sure you have all the information you need.
Information is subject to change without notice due to changes in federal, state and/or institutional rules and regulations. Students must complete a FAFSA every year. Students must be making satisfactory academic progress to continue to receive financial aid.
Last updated: July 25, 2016 9:29 am EST
- 232 Capen Hall, Buffalo, NY 14260
- M - Th: 9 am - 4 pm
- F: 10:30 am - 4 pm
- North Campus
Porter Quad, Building 2
- M - Th: 8:30 am - 5 pm
- F: 10:30 am - 5 pm
Student Response Center (SRC)
232 Capen Hall
- M - F: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
- South Campus
104 Harriman Hall
- M, W, Th: 8:30 am - 5 pm
- Tu: 10 am - 5 pm
- F: 11 am - 5 pm
SUNY Smart Track Financial Literacy Program
Online courses and mini-modules are available to teach students personal finance basics.