- 115 A Porter Quad, Buffalo, NY 14261-0051
- M - Th: 9 am - 4 pm
- F: 10:30 am - 4 pm
- North Campus
Porter Quad, Building 2
- M - Th: 8:30 am - 5 pm
- F: 10:30 am - 5 pm
Student Response Center (SRC)
232 Capen Hall
- M - F: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
- South Campus
104 Harriman Hall
- M, W, Th: 8:30 am - 5 pm
- Tu: 10 am - 5 pm
- F: 11 am - 5 pm
In addition to the tens of thousands of dollars provided by New York State Scholarships organizations, a sampling of actual undergraduate scholarship providers from the past few years is provided below. Students secured these awards by researching employers, community-based organizations, and their spheres of influence, interest and talent.
- Alden Scholarship Foundation Dollars for Scholars
- The Clark Foundation
- Cornell University Children's Tuition Fund
- Joint Industry Board of the Electrical Industry
- Northrop Grumman Engineering Scholars
- Ronald McDonald House Charities
- United Federation of Teachers
- United Food & Commercial Workers International Union
- United States Bowling Congress
- Westchester Golf Association
Partner Organization Scholarships
The University at Buffalo Educational Opportunity Program is a regular sponsor of the Western New York Liga De Mujeres Hispanas annual dinner which raises scholarship funds for Hispanic women in Erie and Niagara Counties.
The Western New York Chapter of the Association for Bridge Construction and Design, a longtime sponsor of UB's ASCE Steel Bridge Team, offers competitive scholarships annually.
The Community Action Organization of Erie County, Inc. offers a scholarship and an annual scholarship fair and has been a collaborative community partner of UB Regional Institute projects for many years.
Steps for Students and Scholarship Providers
You are required to report all scholarships you earn to the Office of Financial Aid. Mail checks to the University at Buffalo, Office of Student Accounts, 232 Capen Hall, Buffalo, NY 14260. Checks should be made payable to the "University at Buffalo" and include the UB Student ID# and instructions about whether to pay in a lump sum or to pay over multiple semesters. If UB enrollment verification is required as a condition of the award, instructions are available through the Registrar.
Scholarship Search Services
- College Board Scholarship Search
- Fast Web Scholarship Search
- Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities (HACU)
- Peterson's College Bound
- U.S. Department of Education
- U.S. Department of Labor
- U.S. News Scholarship Coach
Scholarships for DACA Students
- The Dream US
- Hispanic Scholarship Fund
- DREAMer's Roadmap App (expected to launch in March 2016)
- National Association of Student Financial Aid Advisors, Tip Sheet for Undocumented Students
UB does not routinely screen, approve, review, or endorse the content, products, or services that may be offered on the external websites provided. In no event shall UB be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such site or resource. Please be advised that some of the links use social media applications and use of these websites is subject to privacy rules and policies of those website operators.
Read more about how to protect yourself from scholarship scams.
Information is subject to change without notice due to changes in federal, state and/or institutional rules and regulations. Students must complete a FAFSA every year. Students must be making satisfactory academic progress to continue to receive financial aid.
Last updated: September 20, 2016 1:24 pm EST