Advisor Appointment Hours
- Monday - Thursday: 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Friday: 1:30 - 4:00 pm
- Monday - Thursday: 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Friday: 10:30 am - 4:00 pm
UB Scholarship Eligibility Requirements
Registration Status (full-time)
Scholarship recipients must register for full-time status each semester (at least 12 credits).
- Registration is verified at the end of the university’s Drop/Add period.
- Any student who is not full-time will receive notification of scholarship ineligibility via his/her UB e-mail account.
- If a student becomes ineligible for a scholarship based upon registration status, the scholarship is permanently revoked and cannot be reinstated.
NOTE: If a student officially resigns a course and falls below full-time status (12 credits), after the Drop/Add period, scholarship eligibility will not be impacted.
Academic Performance (overall UB GPA)
Scholarship recipients must maintain an overall UB GPA of at least 3.00.
- Only courses taken at UB are considered in the review of scholarship eligibility (transfer courses are not considered).
- Academic performance is reviewed at the end of each spring semester.
- Any student who does not maintain an overall UB GPA of at least 3.00 will receive notification of scholarship ineligibility via his/her UB e-mail account. However, if a student enrolls in summer courses (at UB) and brings his/her overall UB GPA up to a 3.00 by the start of the fall semester, his/her scholarship will be reinstated.
- If a student becomes ineligible for a scholarship based upon academic performance, the scholarship is permanently terminated and cannot be reinstated.
Maximum Eligibility/Undergraduate Study
Scholarships are granted to students for a maximum of either four (4) semesters* or eight (8) semesters** of undergraduate study.
- Once an undergraduate degree is conferred, students are no longer eligible to receive their scholarship.
NOTE: Students in approved combined degree programs will continue to receive their scholarships for the maximum number of allowable semesters (not to exceed 8 semesters).
NOTE: Students who take an approved Leave of Absence from the university are eligible to have their scholarship reinstated upon their return (they must have an overall UB GPA of at least 3.00). The semester(s) students are on an Official Leave will not count against total scholarship eligibility.
*The following scholarship has a maximum eligibility of four (4) semesters:
- Provost 2 (2 year) Scholarship
**The following scholarships have a maximum eligibility of eight (8) semesters:
- Daniel Acker Scholarship
- International Merit Scholarship
- Performance & Creative Arts Scholarship
- Presidential Scholarship
- Provost 4 (4 year) Scholarship
For additional information on scholarship qualifications and eligibility, please review the information below:
- If you are a prospective UB freshman and have questions about undergraduate university-based scholarships/scholarship qualifications, visit: http://admissions.buffalo.edu/costs/scholarshipsfaq.php
- If you are a continuing UB student, and have questions about how to maintain eligibility for your Daniel Acker Scholarship, contact: Letitia Thomas at firstname.lastname@example.org or 716-645-7301.
- If you are a continuing UB student, and have questions about how to maintain eligibility for your International Merit, Provost 2 (2 year), or Provost 4 (4 year) Scholarship, contact Jennifer Pollard at UBFA@buffalo.edu or 716-645-8232.
- If you are a continuing UB student and have questions about how to maintain eligibility for your Presidential Scholarship, contact: Krista Hanypsiak at email@example.com or 716-645-3020.
Information is subject to change without notice due to changes in federal, state and/or institutional rules and regulations. Students must complete a FAFSA every year. Students must be making satisfactory academic progress to continue to receive financial aid.
Last updated: May 23, 2013 11:35 am EST