- 232 Capen Hall, Buffalo, NY 14260
- M - Th: 9 am - 4 pm
- F: 10:30 am - 4 pm
- North Campus
Porter Quad, Building 2
- M - Th: 8:30 am - 5 pm
- F: 10:30 am - 5 pm
Student Response Center (SRC)
232 Capen Hall
- M - F: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
- South Campus
104 Harriman Hall
- M, W, Th: 8:30 am - 5 pm
- Tu: 10 am - 5 pm
- F: 11 am - 5 pm
Scholarship Eligibility Requirements
Registration Status (full-time)
Scholarship recipients must register for full-time status each semester (at least 12 credits).
- Registration is verified at the end of the university’s drop/add period.
- Any student who is not full-time will receive notification of scholarship ineligibility via his/her UB email account.
- The successful completion of at least 24 credits each year (summer, fall, winter, spring) is required.
- If a student becomes ineligible for a scholarship based upon registration status, the scholarship is permanently revoked and cannot be reinstated.
Academic Performance (overall UB GPA)
- Must maintain their enrollment in the University Honors College with an overall UB GPA of at least 3.30 during their first year
- Must maintain their enrollment in the University Honors College with an overall UB GPA of at least a 3.50 for successive years
- Who leave the Honors College yet maintain an overall UB GPA of 3.00 may be awarded a Provost Scholarship
All other merit scholarship recipients must maintain an overall UB GPA of at least 3.00.
Details relevant to all merit scholarship academic reviews:
- Only courses taken at UB are considered in the review of scholarship eligibility (transfer courses are not considered).
- Academic performance is reviewed at the end of each spring semester. Summer course grades will count in the subsequent year GPA review.
- Any student who does not maintain the overall UB GPA required for the scholarship will receive notification of scholarship ineligibility via his/her UB email account.
- If a student becomes ineligible for a scholarship based upon academic performance, the scholarship is permanently terminated and can only be reinstated through an appeal (PDF) for extenuating circumstances.
- Original merit scholarship award amounts may be adjusted if your residency status and tuition are adjusted while your scholarship is active. Some cases which may apply include:
- International or out-of-state scholarship recipients who become official New York State residents
- Students who are U.S. veterans, a spouse or a dependent of a veteran affected by the 2015 SUNY policy
Maximum Eligibility/Undergraduate Study
Scholarships are granted to students for a maximum of either four (4) semesters* or eight (8) semesters** of undergraduate study.
NOTE: Students in approved combined degree programs will continue to receive their scholarships for the maximum number of allowable semesters (not to exceed 8 semesters).
NOTE: Students who take an approved Leave of Absence (LOA) from the university are eligible to have their scholarship reinstated upon their return (they must have an overall UB GPA of at least 3.00 and must have completed at least 12 credits in the semester previous to the LOA). The semester(s) students are on an Official Leave will not count against total scholarship eligibility.
*The following scholarship has a maximum eligibility of four (4) semesters:
- Provost 2 (2 year) Scholarship
**The following scholarships have a maximum eligibility of eight (8) semesters:
- Daniel Acker Scholarship
- International Merit Scholarship
- Millonzi Distinguished Honors Scholarship
- Presidential Scholarship
- Provost 4 (4 year) Scholarship
For additional information on scholarship qualifications and eligibility, please review the information below:
- If you are a prospective UB freshman and have questions about undergraduate university-based scholarships/scholarship qualifications, visit the Undergraduate Admissions website.
- If you are a continuing UB student, and have questions about how to maintain eligibility for your Daniel Acker Scholarship, contact: Letitia Thomas at firstname.lastname@example.org or 716-645-7301.
- If you are a continuing UB student and have questions about how to maintain eligibility for your International Merit, Provost 2 (2 year), or Provost 4 (4 year) Scholarship, contact Roseanne Johnson at UBFA@buffalo.edu or 716-645-8232.
- If you are a continuing UB student and have questions about how to maintain eligibility for your Presidential Scholarship, contact: Megan Stewart at email@example.com or 716-645-3020.
Information is subject to change without notice due to changes in federal, state and/or institutional rules and regulations. Students must complete a FAFSA every year. Students must be making satisfactory academic progress to continue to receive financial aid.
Last updated: October 05, 2015 4:45 pm EST