Economically Disadvantaged First Professional Study (EDPS) Program
The Economically Disadvantaged First Professional Study (EDPS) Program offers scholarships to full time Medical, Dental, Pharmacy and Law students who are pursuing graduate or first professional degrees, and who are determined to have exceptional need by the Financial Aid Office.
Who is eligible for EDPS
To be considered for this award, you must:
- Be enrolled as a full time professional student in the Medical, Dental, Pharmacy or Law Schools.
- File your FAFSA.
- Be a resident of New York State.
- Be either a U.S. citizen, or eligible non-citizen.
- Be a graduate of an EOP, HEOP, or SEEK program.
How to apply for EDPS
- Complete and submit the FAFSA application by May 6.
- Students who are deemed eligible will be notified by email to the UB email address. PLEASE NOTE: A student selected as an EDPS candidate does not guarantee approval of this award. A separate approval email will be sent to the student if he/she retained eligibility after the verification process has been completed.
- The EDPS application: return by February 25th.
Information is subject to change without notice due to changes in federal, state and/or institutional rules and regulations. Students must complete a FAFSA every year. Students must be making satisfactory academic progress to continue to receive financial aid.